Thursday, April 19, 2012

Book and Media Review: Mother for Choco

This little story is one of David's favorites. 
Mother for Choco found here on Amazon. (No affiliation, just for your reference.)

It tells of finding a family for Choco, a small unique bird. At first he is looking for a mother that looks just like him. He finally finds a mother bear who asks him a few questions, like this:

"Oh dear! If you had a mommy, what would she do?"
"Oh, I'm sure she would hold me," sobbed Choco.
"Like this?" asked Mrs. Bear. And she held Choco very tight.
"Yes . . . and I'm sure she would kiss me, too!"said Choco.
"Like this?" asked Mrs. Bear. And she lifted Choco and gave him a big kiss."
"Yes, and I'm sure she would sing and dance with me to cheer me up," said Choco.
"Like this?" asked Mrs. Bear. And they sang and danced together.

The story's ending is very sweet--where Choco realizes that a mother isn't someone who looks like you, but someone who takes care of you.

Especially for age-appropriate discussions surrounding adoption with young children, this book comes with high recommendations from our whole family!

No comments: